The second exam for Software Engineering was on Friday, and my whole week was spent getting stressed about the exam, and trying to prepare for it. I re-read all the papers and the Tom Jewett Database book, and compiled a detailed cheat sheet. However, to my surprise and slight disappointment, the test only had three questions from the readings! There were a bunch of programming questions, some easy, some which required a bit of thinking. Overall, I wish I had had more time for the test. I think an hour is too short a time for a programming test. The Haskell part was surprisingly easy for me, I think my CS 337 class helped me a lot on that part. Oh well, I will know how I did on the test in a week.
The beginning of the week was about the WC project. As project leader, I wanted to make sure that everyone was on top of their piece of the project, and that no one felt overwhelmed with work. This involved writing a lot of emails! But on the whole it was fun, I enjoyed it! The project itself was interesting too, I like learning to use new tools, and the Google App Engine seems like a really useful tool. I noticed that you can pay them a nominal fee to get your own domain name, which would be useful if I want to make my own website in the future. I hope that by the time we finish all the parts of the project, I will be really familiar with the Google App Engine.
The aspect that I enjoy most about this project is that I am getting to work on so many things that have interested me, but I have never worked on before. I have never built a website before, and I am really excited to help make our website user-friendly, and impressive. I definitely like the projects in this class much better than the tests!
The beginning of the week was about the WC project. As project leader, I wanted to make sure that everyone was on top of their piece of the project, and that no one felt overwhelmed with work. This involved writing a lot of emails! But on the whole it was fun, I enjoyed it! The project itself was interesting too, I like learning to use new tools, and the Google App Engine seems like a really useful tool. I noticed that you can pay them a nominal fee to get your own domain name, which would be useful if I want to make my own website in the future. I hope that by the time we finish all the parts of the project, I will be really familiar with the Google App Engine.
The aspect that I enjoy most about this project is that I am getting to work on so many things that have interested me, but I have never worked on before. I have never built a website before, and I am really excited to help make our website user-friendly, and impressive. I definitely like the projects in this class much better than the tests!
No comments:
Post a Comment