Sunday, October 30, 2011

Of World Crises and Underbars

           The second part of the World Crises project is due on Wednesday, and we spent a major part of today working on it. Since we want to maximize our learning, and get the most out of this project, we decided to switch roles in the team. Everyone who worked on the back-end last time is working on the front-end this time, and vice versa. Last time I worked on more of the front-end, and I was a bit disappointed not to be working on front end for this part, because in this phase we get to make our webpages dynamic and PRETTY!! Oh well, maybe next time....
           I am interested in the back-end stuff too though, since it is all new to me, it is really exciting. I had a lot of fun with the UML class diagram, and no, I am not being sarcastic. I just wish I had more time to learn more. As it is, I am going to end up doing just enough to complete all the requirements of the project, since this is a really busy week for me.
           The last week in class we compared Java classes and Python classes. I think I even had a dream about naming stuff with _className__variableName, which wasn't pleasant since I dislike __s. But on the whole I found the discussions useful. I think this class is a really good introduction to Python, and it makes me want to take OOP next semester just so I can feel comfortable with C++ too.
         We had to read five chapters of the Refactoring book for Friday. What I got from the book is that the author seems to be good friends with the Extreme Programming guys, and they all seem to love to repeat themselves over and over and over again. But I did like how he had a lot of examples in the book, I find that a really good way to learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment