This class teaches me so much about programming languages! I now know stuff about Java (and Python) that I hadn't even thought of before. This week made me realize how easy it is to use a programming language, without even knowing some of the basic characteristics of that language. From now on, I am definitely going to investigate the actual ways in which a language functions. I think that will definitely help in improving the quality of my programs. One of the cool things we talked about in class this week was regular expressions and pattern matching in Python. I think that is really fun, while also being useful of course!
On Friday, we went over the big Os for inserting and removing elements from the beginning, middle and end of different containers. This was mostly a review for me, but it was useful since most interviews tend to ask a few questions about Big O. To recap, array lists are the best for removing and adding elements to the end, indexed look up in an array list is also constant time. Linked lists are good for removing and adding elements to the beginning or the end, with an O(1), however lookup is expensive in a linked list, O(n).
This weekend I worked on the project, which is due on Wednesday. I like having a big group of 6, since one person doesn't have to do too much work! We divided the work equally amongst all of us, which seems to be working fine as of now.
The second test is already upon us! It is on Friday, and I want to start studying early for this test since I know that we have covered a lot of material.
On Friday, we went over the big Os for inserting and removing elements from the beginning, middle and end of different containers. This was mostly a review for me, but it was useful since most interviews tend to ask a few questions about Big O. To recap, array lists are the best for removing and adding elements to the end, indexed look up in an array list is also constant time. Linked lists are good for removing and adding elements to the beginning or the end, with an O(1), however lookup is expensive in a linked list, O(n).
This weekend I worked on the project, which is due on Wednesday. I like having a big group of 6, since one person doesn't have to do too much work! We divided the work equally amongst all of us, which seems to be working fine as of now.
The second test is already upon us! It is on Friday, and I want to start studying early for this test since I know that we have covered a lot of material.
No comments:
Post a Comment