The time has flown! As always! The coming week is the last week of classes, and we only have one real Software Engineering class. Friday is the midterm, and no class on Wednesday! Tomorrow, we have another round of presentations - our team is the last one to present. I am sure that by the time we get to our presentation, everyone will be sick of hearing about the issue tracker, but I think we will say a few words nonetheless.
I thought it was astonishing how all our points for the presentation are based on what the other students give us. I hope no one is spiteful, and everyone grades fairly. The last two presentations were interesting, I liked to hear other teams' take on the same project. It is interesting how the same goal can be achieved in so many different ways!
For tomorrow, we had to read another Joel Paper. This one was on interviewing, and although it was addressed to interviewers, I think it had a lot of value to interviewees too. The biggest thing that I got out of it was that as an interviewee, you should show a lot of passion for the work that you are doing. Which is pretty easy, providing you do not stay too uptight during the interview. Another thing that is obvious is that on easy questions interviewers are looking for speed and accuracy, while on hard questions they are looking for the thought process.
Anyway, I already have a job lined up after I graduate, and won't have to interview for a long time! But these tips are good to keep in mind anyhow. Looking forward to finishing up the presentation tomorrow.
I thought it was astonishing how all our points for the presentation are based on what the other students give us. I hope no one is spiteful, and everyone grades fairly. The last two presentations were interesting, I liked to hear other teams' take on the same project. It is interesting how the same goal can be achieved in so many different ways!
For tomorrow, we had to read another Joel Paper. This one was on interviewing, and although it was addressed to interviewers, I think it had a lot of value to interviewees too. The biggest thing that I got out of it was that as an interviewee, you should show a lot of passion for the work that you are doing. Which is pretty easy, providing you do not stay too uptight during the interview. Another thing that is obvious is that on easy questions interviewers are looking for speed and accuracy, while on hard questions they are looking for the thought process.
Anyway, I already have a job lined up after I graduate, and won't have to interview for a long time! But these tips are good to keep in mind anyhow. Looking forward to finishing up the presentation tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment