Sunday, November 20, 2011

Singeltons

       The past week was probably the hardest week conceptually for me in class. We covered topics like singelton classes, and reflection. Since these topics were really new, and hard to imagine for me, I was a bit overwhelmed. But I read more about the singelton design pattern here. Reading about the real world applications that need singeltons helped make the concept clear to me. The page also talks about how to make singeltons thread safe, which is interesting.
      The second big topic that we covered was Reflection. I am still quite hazy about this, and am not confident enough to write about it yet. I will go to office hours and will hopefully understand reflection enough to blog about it next week!
      Our project was due on Wed, and this time was smooth sailing. We were mostly done on Sunday, and all we had to do on Wednesday was refine the technical report and the powerpoint presentation. We are presenting next Monday, so we have the next couple of days to practice our presentation (since most of next week is Thanksgiving!! :) ) I am so glad that this class makes us present, I feel like it is so important to have presentation skills. Working hard is not enough, if no one knows what you have done. I believe that marketing your product is just as important as having an awesome product. I am glad that I am getting a well rounded education at UT!

No comments:

Post a Comment